breakthrough beat: Our new video and campaign call for the gov’t to “Restore Fairness” to immigration
We are excited to announce the launch of our Restore Fairness campaign!
It is time that the U.S. government did something to repair its immigration system and ensure the basic human rights of all who live here. Since the Declaration of Independence, America has striven to uphold fairness and due process. But this has broken down ever since 9/11 where immigrants have borne the brunt of harsh policies, because the U.S. government is allowing raids and arrests without warrants, holding thousands in inhumane detention conditions, and deporting people without a fair trial.
First, watch and share our documentary of the same name, “Restore Fairness,” produced in partnership with 26 leading organizations, featuring interviews with Members of Congress, immigration judges, civil society leaders, and ordinary families affected by harsh immigration laws.
Then, visit the Restore Fairness campaign website which provides you with a number of ways in which you can get involved:
- Watch and share Restore Fairness.
- Tell Congress to restore fairness right now.
- Become an ally by signing the pledge and get featured on the homepage.
- Sign up for updates at www.restorefairness.org so you can continue to take actions that support fair immigration.
- Spread the word by announcing Restore Fairness to friends, on your website/blog, on twitter and Facebook with phrase, “Watch a powerful video #restorefairness and take action to fix a broken immigration system. www.restorefairness.org”
- Download Breakthrough’s iPhone app featuring our Restore Fairness film.
- Join the Facebook cause.